Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thinking...Dreaming

I am up late tonight. I can't sleep. My mind is racing. I have had fingers to keys for several minutes now and ideas are flowing. Some of them have been captured in emails. Others have been captured in my journal.

I am thinking future thoughts. I am dreaming about the kind of church community that God longs for Journey to be and become. I couldn't resist a copy/paste of some of that content. I suspect this will become a Journey teaching series, class, or document to be passed along.

I long for Journey to be defined by a few statements. I imagine a church where...

- It is normative for people to study the Bible and pray like their lives depend on it.
- It is normative that people learn to feed themselves.
- It is normative that people bring their disconnected friends to Journey.
- It is normative that people have friends and are friends.
- It is normative for people to serve others in big ways.
- It is normative for people to steward their resources well and turn them outward to bless others.
- It is normative for people to more faithfully follow each day.

These certainly are not new ideas. They are, however, extremely important ideas. They are defining. They are statements that shape a dream. They are more than a dream. They are a calling. They are Journey's reason for being.

They are also hills I will die on. I will give my life to see these things continue to find life in the people of Journey Church and those we will reach in the days and years ahead.

I'm all in!

How about you?

No comments: