Thursday, May 18, 2006

Celebration Sunday

This weekend Journey Church will bring its spring ministry season to a close with what we are calling Celebration Sunday. It will be a moment for our community to celebrate what God has been up to the past several months.

As we head into the weekend, I keep thinking of the moment the people of Israel crossed the Jordan River into the Promise Land. When they did, God asked them to build a memorial as a reminder of the work of His hand and a promise fulfilled. They carried large boulders out of the river to build a reminder of the occasion.

This Sunday we'll be doing the same. We won't be building a memorial with large stones, but the occasion will be marked by 13 people being baptized! It is going to be a powerful moment! When I look back over my shoulder, I am overwhelmed by what God has done! I have been celebrating for weeks. Sunday will be a continuation. How great is our God!

No comments: