Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Long Overdue

I am long overdue for my monthly two-day run of posts. A great deal of stuff has taken place since my last post. Here's a quick overview:

I celebrated 15 years of marriage. Where did a decade and a half go? I can honestly say that I love Andrea more today than I did 17 years ago when I swept her off her feet [wink].


Journey Church
had a tremendous end to the 2006 ministry year. We had our biggest day as a church on Christmas Eve. We had over 200 first-time guest in our two gatherings. We also had at least 7 people make decisions for Christ. It was an incredible day!

I have kept my commitment to get back in shape. I have run right at 70 miles in the past 30 days. I have dropped 12 pounds and feel like a new person. It is amazing how when that area is in check other areas follow suit for me.


We purchased a new piece of ministry "
equipment." I am loving the speed and additional screen space of my Macbook Pro 15". It is a huge upgrade for the Power PC Powerbook I have been using the past couple years.

This past Sunday
Journey Church celebrated its one year anniversary. It was a truly special moment as we looked back over our shoulder and out into the future. I simply cannot wait to experience all that year two will bring. You might want to take a moment to listen to some of the stories that have been told the past couple weekends. You can listen here. (Listen to "A Beautiful Year" and "Auld Lang Syne").

See you next month...maybe sooner!

No comments: