Thursday, January 25, 2007

Elegant Solutions (Part 2)

As I was bringing another day to a close, I was wrestling with a few frustrations that come with the church planting animal. I captured them in my journal, sent a few emails, and was about to close the lid. I decided to check a few updated blogs. I found the Elegant Solutions doc I mentioned below. I decided to read a few pages and that led to a few more. I am glad I kept reading. I needed to read this paragraph as I headed to bed,

"Slaying dragons and storming castles isn’t for the faint of heart. The root meaning of ingenuity means free thinker. In a world run by powerful bosses and inflexible systems, rarely if ever is creative license granted freely. It’s taken. And that takes basic courage. Or at least a soldier’s bravado. It’s the obstacles that make the achievement so impressive. If it was easy, we wouldn’t be talking about it. No challenge, no creativity."

I'll sleep better now.

No comments: