Thursday, January 18, 2007

Good Food...Good Conversation

I had lunch with a pastor friend of mine today. We hadn't been in conversation for almost ten years. I am pumped we have been reconnected. It was fun to pick his brain about church, ministry, and leadership. Honestly, I couldn't write fast enough as he answered the questions I was peppering him with.

In a word, it was engaging.

Here's the one thing that will hang with me the longest. He said, "What you need to be working on this week is what you will be most thankful for in two years." As I drove back to my home office, I thought about how tied I tend to be to what is seven days or seven weeks ahead of me. Two years? Really? I think he's on to something.

Recently I have been investing a great deal of mental energy thinking through how I do and should invest my work week. I was beginning to feel I needed a more strategically planned focus. I am one step closer.

Changes are being made as I type...

No comments: