Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I'm Back!

We had a wonderful time last week in Gatlinburg. It was restful and refreshing. We enjoyed some great meals. We shopped. We shopped some more. We did, however, stay under budget! I did manage to find the time to run 13+ miles in three days. This helped balance out the additional caloric intake during the trip.

We arrived home late Saturday evening to 4 more inches of snow. Journey had another tremendous Sunday despite the bad weather. I have been pleasantly surprised by how people have forged ahead in the midst of the late winter storms. We are currently on one of best two month runs to date despite the early morning storm that hit a few Sundays ago. Have I mentioned how fun this is? I sure I have.

The new week started with a bang! I was looking at a full inbox (I did manage to dodge the it for a few days) and calendar. As the weather changes, the pace of life will increase as well. Our team is working hard to prepare for three of our biggest days of the year--Easter (April 8), Mother's Day (May 13), and Celebration Sunday (May 20). I am pumped about our Spring ministry season. With the way our winter has been, I have high hopes for Spring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad you had a good time :)
welcome back!