Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Fitness Update

Ten weeks ago, I forced myself back into the gym with hopes of eventually getting back into shape. I am finally beginning to see the fruits of my labor.

Here's a brief update:


- The number on the scale continues to decrease.

- I have shed almost 17 lbs.
- I have run 106 miles since I purchased my Nike+ gear (I logged my first run on December 13th, 2006).
- I posted my fastest 5K time today: 27'31"
- I am using the fourth belt loop instead of the first one.
- All of my clothes are fitting much better.
- In a few weeks, there are some pieces of my wardrobe I will no longer be able to wear at all.

I am pumped I have allowed my yes to be yes and my no to be no! I am 6-8 weeks from my initial goals.


Would any of my reading audience be interested in running a 5k or 10k in late Spring/Summer?
Leave me a comment.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Welcome to the journey... :-)

Jonathan Hopson said...

Awesome news. It's great to hear that you're seeing the difference already.