Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Headed Home

I'm sitting in the Atlanta airport waiting to catch our connecting flight to Dayton. I am glad to be headed home. I missed the kids and my normal routine.

The training finished strong today. We took the afternoon sessions and put some of new tools into action. It was fun immediately applying what we learned in some real coaching situations.

On the way home, I crafted a couple emails to the guys I'll be coaching over the next six months. These first couple of coaching relationships will be part of my training. I am really excited about getting this new edge to my ministry rolling. I see each coaching relationship as an extension of Journey Church's influence. It is thrilling to watch God expand the reach of our community!

I always dreamed I would be a coach. I have seen that dream become a reality on many levels. I have enjoyed coaching Ty's teams. I have also enjoyed "coaching" others as I have pastored the past sixteen years. Coaching and pastoring aren't too far apart. I am thrilled about coming along side other pastors to help them realize their God-given dreams. I look forward to watching God author some really cool stories.

No comments: