Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Preaching Conference

In a few hours, I'll be boarding an airplane headed for the San Francisco area. I am going out there for a couple days to attend a conference on preaching. I have attended many conferences over the years, but never one on preaching specifically. One of Journey's sponsoring organizations strongly encouraged all lead pastors to attend and are paying for most of the trip. It was a no brainer. It should be a great learning opportunity.

The conference ends Thursday afternoon and my flight doesn't leave until early Friday morning so that will provide some time to cruise the town. I have a list of places I want to see since it will be my first trip to the bay area.

I am also looking forward to connecting and hanging with some of my church planting buddies. I am expecting a great week! I hope to find some time to blog about my adventure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds fun!
have a great trip :)

april b

Anonymous said...

Tom - have a great time. You will be missed at Wednesday's breakfast. I hope you get alot out of the conference and enjoy your free time.

Steve

utech said...

Tom - make sure you look at the schedule and pick your session to skip. hopefully you can pick it up on tape. not that I have ever done that or anything ;)

Randy Bohlender said...

You must eat at the Pork Store on Haight street. Then coffee at the Rockin' Java two blocks west of there. Stop at the Fluevog store in between. Drive to the top of Twin Peaks and look at $2 million houses that look like they belong in Pisgah where they could be bought for $60,000

Skip the conference. See the city.

I'll deny saying that....