Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Glad To Be Home

I did make it back from California. I arrived early Friday evening just in time to play in the Journey men's softball game and a flurry of weekend activity. BTW, the Journey men did finally put one in the "W" column!

The conference was a solid experience. I'll try to post a couple of my big takeaways later this evening. We were also able to grab a few hours to see the sites on Thursday afternoon--AT & T Park for a Giants game, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Lombard Street. It was awesome. I was, however, glad to finally arrive back in West Chester. I missed Andrea and the kids big time! There truly is no place like home.

I think the most interesting conversations that took place were two that challenged me to write a book. They said the Journey Church story is begging to be told. They both went on to say that there are many pastors/church planters out there that would really benefit from reading our story and hearing about some lessons we have learned along the way. The same thread of conversation surfaced today over lunch with another pastor/church planter friend of mine.

I wondered aloud if my blog might be the kind of place to push some of that content public. I am wondering also if any pastors/church planters reading this blog might be interested in a few post along those lines. Blogging some of that content would serve a two-fold purpose. First, it would force me to a disciplined approach to writing (blogging). Second, I could test the content to see if anyone finds it helpful. If you are a faithful reader of this blog and would like to see some of that content come to life here leave me a comment.

7 comments:

utech said...

Tell the story Tom. If you do you won't regret it. If you don't you will - you already have.
Just keep writing so you can compile it completely.

Randy Johnson said...

Yes I would be interested in your writings.

Anonymous said...

Would the names and places be changed to protect the identities of those involved? :)

Randy Bohlender said...

Tom - it's true. This story must be told...and would probably keep a lot of guys from quitting too early. My only request is that I get to pick who plays me in the movie.

I wonder who would show up at a casting call for the role of Quirky Bald Pastor Across Town.

Tom said...

Think that rock star son of yours is ready for the BIG screen?

Doug Hill said...

I believe Scott Stapp could play the role of me...if I was wrote in.

Tom said...

Scott Stapp...definitely!