Saturday, April 14, 2007

Fitness Update

It's been a while since I provided an update on my recent fitness journey. It all began when I opened my mouth in a small group that was discussing one of my talks from late November. I said something like, "Well, I need to be more committed to how I am taking care of myself physically." Since those words left my mouth, I have made an intentional effort to get back into shape. I am finally approaching that place I would describe as "back in shape." It feels good.

I am really enjoying my lifting sessions again. After almost 250 miles logged since early December, running is longer painful. It is actually a place where I can think, dream, learn, and pray.

There are times when I open my mouth and wish I hadn't. This time I am glad those words left my lips. They created the accountability I needed.

No comments: