Monday, October 30, 2006

WOW...What A Weekend!

Words simply fail to describe this past weekend. It was completely thrilling from start to finish. I continue to be amazed at how God is working in and through Journey Church. What a ride!

My Saturday conference was very well received. People were connecting with the content. It was a learning moment! The wedding Saturday evening was spectacular! The Sunday morning gathering at Journey was off the charts. One of our best weekends yet! Our Welcome to Journey class was packed. The conversation was engaging. People were connecting. Mission accomplished! The day was brought to a close with a short Journey Church leadership team meeting. More on that later...

Just about every moment from this past weekend was filled with activity beginning early Friday morning. It left me in much need of a day off today. I plan to spend the day working in the yard. This might be the last time I can battle the leaves without also battling cold weather. When the day comes to a close, there will not be one leaf on the ground! It is too bad that will only last for a few hours. I will win...eventually!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom,
Sunday was phenominal. The series came to a wonderful close. You moved many people, including myself, to tears. My family started attending Journey about two or three months ago, it has been a little difficult for us to jump right in, due to many issues. My mother is trying so hard to fix a lot of things on her own, and she cant. She can't do this alone, but I cannot help her. Tom I'm asking you, can you please help us? Can you pray for us. I'm not going to put my name, or my family's name, that I am not ready to let out. I do not know how to tell you what we need, other than to say that we need help. I have to go now, because I am in school. I will try to write again later... Oh and by the way... We all battle the leaves, and from experience, I know, the only time we win, is in the summer, when the leaves stop falling....hehe *winks*
~*~Sincerely~*~
~*~Problem Child~*~

Tom said...

I am praying for you today! Please feel free to email me at tom [@] cincyjourney [.] [org].