Monday, February 27, 2006

Insert Key...Pedal To The Floor

The past two months have brought a myriad of emotions. I have been scared. I have been anxious. I have been thrilled. Planting a church has a way of bringing out the best and worst of the human emotions.

As we finish our seventh week, we are finding a groove--set up is getting "easier", I am becoming less and less nervous about it all unfolding, and people are making significant connections. We had 220 in worship on Sunday. We have close to 270+ people in the mix. Most importantly, we have seen 24 people make commitments in 7 weeks! We continue to see new faces. People are connecting to Journey Church. Momentum is still extremely high! God really is authoring an amazing story.

As the calendar changes to March, we are planning to find an even higher gear. March Madness (I'll share more about that later) will force us further outward. Our third mailing will go out on March 17th & 18th. As we head into spring, we are preparing to welcome a whole new wave of people into our community. When I think about what God did through a launch team of 60, I can't sleep thinking about what he might do through 270+!

I was thinking this afternoon of a word that Steve Sjo. spoke into my life a few days before our launch back in January. He said, "Tom, I believe what Journey is about to experience is going to be like taking a drive in a V8 automobile on an open road--insert key and put the pedal to the floor." When Steve shared that with me, I hoped it was true. I really hoped we could travel at a speed that would allow us to have a big impact on Southwest Ohio. The word that God gave Steve seems to be the story we are living.

I am simply trying to enjoy the ride...

No comments: