Friday, February 10, 2006

Chaos


I have used one word to describe my life in recent days and that word is chaos. As fun as the past five weeks have been, it really has been chaotic. The plate has been beyond full. As you can probably tell, it hasn't left much room for blogging. I am yet to find the space to log my thoughts on this page. It has been completely impossible to find the time. I suppose I need more discipline as it relates to blogging. Know this, I am trying.

I spent the evening hanging around the house. It was actually pretty quiet. I was able to finish a few clerical task that needed to be completed before Sunday. Andrea spent the evening with some girlfriends. Tytus spent the night with a buddy. Hannah had a friend over to spend the night. They played very well together. They were asleep by 10 p.m. This left me alone for a few moments. The house was quiet long enough to post an update. I grabbed my Powerbook and put my iTunes on shuffle. It has been a nice way to end the week.

The pace of the weekend promises to be speedy. The calendar is full of events. I am looking forward to each one.

I am excited about Journey's fifth Sunday. We'll be finishing our first teaching series. We have challenged our community to extend an invitation to a friend. I hope the weather doesn't get too bad this weekend. We are prepared for a big moment as close our "Desperate Households" teaching series.

This weekend at Journey, we'll be promoting a new teaching series. I am very excited about teaching on a phrase that is very important to our community. Our motto is to inspire people to live big and we felt it was important to unpack that phrase early. The graphic above is what we'll be using to promote the new series. Once again, our graphics guru has delivered in a big way.

I continue to be amazed at the story God is authoring at Journey. I found out this week that we have been added to Tony Morgan's list of churches he is watching. I am not sure what he is looking for, but I am honored that Journey Church is on the radar screen of churches that are making a difference.

No comments: