Wednesday, February 01, 2006

God's Provision!

As we closed the 2005 financial year at Journey, we did a year-end financial gift campaign. We asked people on our launch team to give a one time year-end gift above and beyond their tithe. I also did some year-end gift asks of some people in my life that were outside our launch team. God provided in a big way.

I sent a follow up letter to my outside support team on the Monday after our grand opening. I wanted this team to hear the story of what God was doing at Journey. At the close of the letter, I opened the door for my outside support team to contribute in 2006. I specifically wrote a few personal notes at the bottom of a couple letters with more of a direct ask.

One of those notes was a direct ask for a $5,000 gift for some additional equipment needs we have (i.e. a digital color copier). This person had already given a generous 2005 year-end gift of $10,000 in December. I hesitated to add the additional note and direct ask. It was the Spirit's leading that gave me the boldness.

This afternoon I swung in the post office to grab the mail from our box. I was excited to see a familiar envelope. It was a personal letter from one of the most generous men in Cincinnati. The letter was accompanied by a $5,000 check!

I continue to be amazed at the way God has and is providing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!
THAT IS AMAZING!
GOD IS GOOD :)