Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Sophomore Sunday!

The buzz continued in the lobby of Lakota East High School as people gathered for our second weekend gathering. We had 280 people experience our sophomore Sunday and another 2 people made commitments to Christ (total of 17 in two weekends!). We continue to be amazed with the story that God is authoring in this new community.

I want to share a word of thanks to the long list of volunteers who have worked beyond hard the past several months to ensure that God had every opportunity to work as Journey Church launched. Our staff, leaders, band, and launch team have been unbelievable. It has been completely thrilling to watch our entire team embrace the mission and vision of Journey Church. Our team is a living testimony of what God can do when followers choose to be outward focused. You guys are the best!

I really do hope to post often on this blog. The inbox has been popping like crazy. My phone is ringing often and the schedule is full. I am loving it! Eventually, I will find a groove and work blogging into my daily routine. I thank you for reading and hope you will continue to do so. Feel free to take a moment and drop me a comment. I would love to have a feel for who is reading.

We have begun one of the most exciting adventures anyone can take. The Church really is the hope of the world and I am honored to be a part of what God is doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BOOM!!!!! BABY!!!!!