Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Control...Alt...Delete

If you are finding this blog for the first time you won't notice anything different. If you are a seasoned reader of tomplanck.com then you might be wondering what happen to the old stuff. Well, I deleted it. There were simply too many cobwebs to overcome. I decided that if I was going to make a new go of this blog gig then I needed a fresh start.

A fresh start of my blog seems very appropriate because that has been the theme of my life the past year and a half. This Sunday (January 15th) Journey Church will be officially born. There is an "all in" team of Christ followers in West Chester who are passionate about "inspiring people to live big!" It is this passion that is driving us to open the doors of West Chester's newest church. Prepping for launch day has been an amazing ride. We have prayed, dreamed, and worked very hard. We are ready. There is great anticipation of what the coming days and months will hold.

This week I have spent a lot of time reflecting on the road I have traveled in the past eighteen months. The part that amazes me the most is where this road has taken us. I firmly believe we have gotten in sync with something that God was doing. The first time I am asked about how Journey Church did what it is about to do I already know my answer. It will be a very sincere, "I have no idea." There is no doubt I could share some wisdom, but I honestly believe what is happening is way beyond good leadership, a solid marketing plan, and strategic outreach. It is a God thing and that cannot be manufactured. One can only hope to be in sync with what God is already doing. I am simply trying to stay out of the way and let God work. Isn't that what good leaders do?

After much consideration, I think I will make a go of this blog deal again. I only have one regret about the past several months. I wished I had more faithfully chronicled our story.

2 comments:

Randy Bohlender said...

Can't wait to hear more, Tom. :)

R

modorney said...

Sometimes it's easier to "write history" than to "journal history". In other words, it's easier to look back a few months or years, and write the facts and emotions in a balanced perspective, knowing the outcome.