Monday, January 16, 2006

Journey Launch Day (Part 2)

The launch of Journey Church took place on Sunday January 15th. It was truly a special moment. Lakota East High School was buzzing with energy. We had 347 people experience our first Sunday morning gathering. The moment was truly electric! God moved in a big way and 15 people made commitments to Christ!

I wish there was some way that I could capture all the stories that have been told in the past twenty-four hours. I really would love to share them. There is simply no way to do that. Know this, some amazing stories have and are being written. God is at work.

One thing continues to be very apparent in this journey, God is positioning Journey Church to make a difference in West Chester and beyond. My hope and prayer is that we can faithfully steward that responsibility and calling. It is going to be a fun ride and I am going to enjoy every moment. It is truly an honor to lead at a place like Journey.

There is no question there will be challenges along the way. I suppose it wouldn't be any fun without them. We'll continue to be flexible. We'll also continue to listen for the Spirit's voice. As we are, God will continue to move. He promises that and He will be faithful. I have my seat belt fastened and my helmet is secure. I am ready for the ride.

I really am looking forward to capturing that story here. I hope you enjoy reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was one of those 347 people
The Holy Spirit filled the place
Awesome day!

Good to see your back to blogging :)

A Ball

Luke Dooley said...

Did you hear that.....

Journey Church just burst onto the scene. Call it a splash, call it an explosion... call it what you will. I know one thing: I am excited to be a part of what God is doing here! Sunday was electric! I can't wait for next week to be here.... I hope that feeling never goes away!!

And now for a shamless plug: www.lukedooley.blogspot.com :)