Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Gearing Up!

I am so pumped about the Easter celebration at Journey. I fully expect Lakota East High School to be buzzing with energy on Sunday. I just dropped 80 personal invitations in the mail to some people/households I sure hope take me up on the invite!

Week thirteen (Sunday April 9th) surprised me a bit. I was expecting to see us take a hit in our weekend attendance because of the way spring break fell in West Chester. Instead, we enjoyed our third highest attended Sunday since launch day. We had two more people make commitments! We have seen at least 31 commitments in the first 13 weeks! We have experienced some big wins in the past few weeks. We have seen many first time guests return for second and third visits. I think most of them are going to make a church connection with Journey! It is beyond fun to watch new people connect each week.

Our co-ed softball team took it on the chin Sunday evening. However, I hear much fun was had by all! Our men's team kicks off the season Friday night (8:10 p.m. at Queen City). It is so exciting to see these new sticking places forming in our community. I love how softball teams can cement relationships and help people feel connected.

I am pumped about the warmer weather and getting outside. I am taking a day off on Friday so I scheduled my first tee time for Friday afternoon. I am looking forward to chasing the little white ball around one of Southwest Ohio's finest courses. I am sure I'll be a little less pumped around 4:30 p.m. on Friday since I haven't hit a golf ball yet.

No comments: