Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sorry...


I really do know better than to make a promise that I might not be able to keep. Funny thing is, this past Sunday at Journey I preached about keeping promises. I sincerely apologize that I haven't keep pace on this blog the past few weeks. Life has simply been moving at a pace that simply hasn't allowed for the needed space to post here.

Know this, Journey is coming off its best weekend since our launch day on January 15th. We had 280 in worship on Sunday. The place was buzzing with energy. It was the smoothest weekend we have had in a couple weeks. The band was HOT! The Spirit was present. I have NO doubt lives were impacted! It is beyond fun to be walking this path.

I was amazed at how well the gym worked for us this weekend. We met in the gym because of the spring production of Guys and Dolls at Lakota East High School. We made some good decisions headed into the weekend that made a real difference. It required a great deal more work on the set up end, but the payoff was worth it.

On Tuesday last week, I had one of the most incredible experiences of my occupational ministry life. I had the great pleasure of leading a single dad to the Lord at a local coffee shop in West Chester. It was amazing to watch his eyes open to the truth of God's grace. As we were closing our conversation I said, "Welcome to God's family." He quickly responded with, "Thanks for inviting me!" It was awesome!

The week of March Madness went great! We touched 1200+ households with God's love as we gave away various items all week long. We did have to end up canceling the quarter giveaway at the car wash because of the weather. We are rescheduling that event for later in April. We'll be touching an additional 400 households later next month. We were planting seeds and trusting that God will water them. I think the biggest benefit is what God did in those that served. Something big happens when people turn outward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very exciting times! :)
I enjoyed hearing the update

April

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom, I have been thinking a lot about you the last few days, not sure why, but I am praying for you and the Journey church. Blessings! Mike Webb If you have any specific prayer requests, let me know, I'd love to pray for you! (mbwebb14@yahoo.com)