Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My New Favorite Red

It's no secret that I love baseball. I have been a Cincinnati Reds fan as long as I can remember. I grew up listening to the voices of Marty and Joe on 700 WLW. I have fond memories of Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Barry Larkin, and the Nasty Boys. I remember the 1990 world series sweep like it was yesterday. I have watched or listened to parts of a majority of the Reds games for the better part of twenty years.

With all that in view, last night was truly one of the coolest moments I can remember as a Reds fan in a really really long time. If you do not know Jay Bruce you will. Jay Bruce, a 21 year old baseball stud, reached in all five plate appearances in his MLB debut. It doesn't get much better in baseball.

Welcome to the show Jay Bruce! I'm glad you are on our team.

No comments: